If you are a small business owner or manage a website you have better things to do with your time than keep up with the constant internet changes. However these constant changes can have huge impacts on your business.
In 2016, these following events have already taken place and your business could have gained a competitive advantage if you took action or lost business as a result of not being informed.
- Ads are now being served within the map pack search results.
- Angie’s List is now free to list a business and reviews are now public.
POTENTIAL LOSS OF BUSINESS
- The biggest search engine removed sidebar ads and now display 4 ads before any organic results.
- Another mobile friendly algorithm change was publicly announced.
- An unannounced algorithm was rumored to be released in June and impacted numerous businesses.
- Penguin 4.0 has publicly been announced and will be released very soon.
- In general, algorithms have undergone significant changes and web developers do not use the same optimization techniques that were commonly implemented several years ago.
- Web security is more important then ever and xmlrpc exploits are on the rise. Are you watching your log files?
Read the entire article to stay informed with the latest web design trends.